Welfare Benefits Caseworker Ref: 01137
- Based in Cardiff
- Hours: 37 per week
- Duration: Permanent Contract
- Salary: £20,708
Who are we?
Pobl Floating Support provide high quality housing related support and substance misuse treatment services for vulnerable people 16+, adults and families across South Wales to prevent homelessness and improve people’s lives. Through our volunteering, education, employment and training opportunities we aim to raise aspirations and support people to lead independent and positive lives. Service users are at the heart of everything we do and we work a co-production model involving people in all aspects of the business.
What will you do?
A Welfare Benefits Caseworker is an exciting new role within Pobl Floating Support (Cardiff) that will focus on developing financial capability whilst ensuring that every client’s individual needs and aspirations are met through support. No two days will be the same; you will need to be comfortable with variety, problem solving and change, promote inclusion, have personal resilience, and be able to stay calm under pressure. You will work with people referred to Pobl Floating Support (Cardiff) and their Support Workers to deliver an effective and efficient housing related support service and maximise income.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have the ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding and knowledge of Welfare Benefits legislation and its application.
- You’ll have substantial experience in welfare benefits casework and in managing own caseload.
- You’ll have recent experience of preparing for and attending DWP benefits reviews, Tribunals, etc.
- You’ll have undergone and have a willingness to undertake appropriate training with regard to legislative changes and developments within Welfare Benefits.
- You’ll be a great team player and be able to work alone and to take the initiative in decision making.
- You’ll have experience of working with people with vulnerable people, and be able to motivate and support people to ensure that wherever possible they retain or gain power and control of their life.
- You must have good written and verbal communication skills, and numeracy skills
- You will have access to a vehicle and current, valid driving licence
- You will require a DBS check for this post (we will pay for it)
What’s in it for you?
Being a Welfare Benefits Caseworker, you will be eligible to benefit from an impressive range of employee benefits and work culture second to none. You will be able to gain real hands on experience in a variety of projects and develop your career in a progressive business with ambitious plans for the future, but with the employee and people we support at the forefront of everything we do. You’ll have the support of Pobl managers and the opportunity to undertake further training and development. Not only will you be part of a highly successful business, you will also contribute to the success of the whole Pobl Group, which is moving from strength to strength (See www.poblgroup.co.uk).
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then visit the careers page of our website for more information. The Role Profile can be downloaded or requested by e-mailing jobs@Pobl-group.co.uk, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday 21st January 2018.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then download the Application Form and send to the HR Team at: email@example.com quoting the reference number.