- Salary Scale NJC Scale Points19-24£18,746-£21,962
- Location Clients homeand properties owned and managed byTorfaen & BlaenauGwent Mind
- Contract hours 37hours per week
- Type of Contract Permanent
- Responsible to Support Service Manager & Housing Service Manager
- Expenses Expensesincurred whilst travelling between primary and additional workplaces will be reimbursed
Enable andsupport people to;
- Live independently in their own homes
- Manage their mental health
- Enhance the quality of their everyday lives
- Maintain their tenancies with structured housing related support?Reduce isolation throughcommunity based interventions
- Prevent or delay poor physical and mental health byproactively developing creative waysto positively engage with clients, focusing on the wellbeing benefits of theservices on offer
- Encourage building new friendships and community links and actively contribute themselveswhere possible.
1.To work with clientson a weekly basis in their own homes and within their local community delivering housing related support. Offer support with all matters of household managementand finance/budgeting. Seek to motivate individuals to maintain a reasonable standard of living and enable them to make supportive links within their local community. Ensure that clients have accurate and current information on their tenancy and/or arrears.Offer and give practical assistance when required and appropriate.
2.Offer support with personal difficulties and help people find appropriate therapeutic services. Ensure that clients have accurate information on their own mental health.Give support and encouragement when needed.
3.Play a key role and work as a part of the team in the assessment of needs for the individuals referred to Torfaen and Blaenau Gwent Mind. Obtain additional informationas necessary, including forming relationships with professionals and agencies withinthe community.
4.Work with client to develop a support plan dependent upon the needs of the individual and ensure support is delivered in a structured, methodical manner which reaches goals and outcomes.
5.Effectively manage and maintain own case load of clients as directed by Line Manager.
6.Gather relevantand up-to-date information on local community facilities and services.
7.Work in accordance with Torfaen and Blaenau Gwent Mind's policies and procedures.
8.Carry out any other reasonable dutiesas required by your Senior Support, Line Manager, SeniorManagement, or BoardMembers of Torfaen & Blaenau Gwent Mind
Closing Date 18th July 2018
Rebekah Tudgay, Torfaen Mind, 24 George Street, Pontypool, Torfaen, Gwent, NP4 6BY.