Project Worker 1
BAYS + @InfoNation, Western Bay Locality
- Hours: 37
- Salary: £17,308.63 to £24,013.66
Location of post
47 The Kingsway
The BAYS+ @InfoNation Service aims to support and assist vulnerable young people aged between 16 and 25 and comprises of a variety of both statutory and voluntary services.
Your duties will include;
To support and assist young people who are looked after or leaving care to make successful transition to independent adulthood by ensuring the Pathway Planning process is fully utilised and implemented.
To comply with the statutory requirements of Child Care legislation i.e. Children Act 1989, Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and The Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014.
To advocate on their behalf to ensure that their rights and entitlements are fully met.
To refer to other agencies and develop close and effective working relationships with key agencies to facilitate a co-ordinated multi agency response to the needs of care leavers.
To involve young people, their families and carers in the delivery of plans for individual young people and to agree with young people and the local authority revisions to pathway Plans including expenditure.
It is essential that the successful candidate has;
- Experience in working with disadvantaged and/or challenging young people in a relevant setting
- Experience of managing a workload and prioritising competing demands.
- Experience of assessing and producing plans to address young people’s needs
- Knowledge of the issues affecting young people who have been ‘Looked After’ or are Care Leavers
- Knowledge of the benefits system and housing options as it affects young people.
- Experience of case recording and report writing
Fixed term to cover maternity leave until 31st March 2019.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.barnardos.org.uk/work-with-us searching for reference 0513.