Haven Homecare is a well-established small Christian charity dedicated to providing domiciliary personal care in north Cardiff. We provide a range of care packages from simple assistance with social activities to complex daily personal care alongside other health and social care agencies, including end of life care. We take pride in the quality of the care we provide and in the personalised nature of that care. This is reflected in the feedback we have had from clients and their representatives. The trustees are keen to extend the service over the next year by recruiting more care staff and increasing the client base.
We are looking for an individual with
- A strong commitment to working within the values and vision of the trust.
- A commitment to high quality personal care.
- Experience of working with older people including individuals with dementia in a domiciliary or community setting.
- Experience of managing staff and budgets.
- The necessary qualifications to be registered as Registered Manager with the relevant supervisory agencies.
- The capacity to engage effectively with an established service and team and the skills and vision to take these forward.
- A car and full driving license.
- Occupational requirement: due the Christian basis of the Trust and the fundamental Christian ethos of Haven Homecare there is an Occupational Requirement that the successful candidate is a practicing Christian.
- Managing, recruiting and leading the staff team.
- Maintaining high quality care services in line with the aims and values of the trust and statutory obligations.
- Maintaining professional, statutory and financial governance.
- Implementing the strategic and financial objectives of the trust and liaising with the trustees.
- Communicating effectively with clients, staff and external agencies to maintain and develop the service.
- Taking a key lead in developing and expanding the service.
We will provide
- Salary: £29,000 - £32,000 prorated, dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Contract type: permanent, part time, 30-37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday negotiable. There are no regular out of hours responsibilities.
- Mobile phone for work.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Pension contributions.
- Support for personal development and supervision.
To apply please forward a completed application form with a CV and covering letter or email (details on application form).
The closing date is Monday 26 January 2018.
Interviews will be held on 7 February 2018 at the offices of Haven Homecare.
The web address for Haven Homecare is havenhomecare.org