- Responsible to: Head of Membership Services & Digital Participation
- Salary: £17,419 increasing to £18,070 pro rata after successful completion of six month probationary period.
- Base: Aberystwyth, Cardiff or Rhyl
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays plus five discretionary days, pro rata.
- Travel: Use of public transport is preferred; when this is not convenient staff may use their own vehicles or use the car rental system. Mileage rates are paid in accordance with recommended HM Revenue and Customs rates.
- Hours: 21 hours per week. A flexi time scheme is in operation and time off in lieu is permissible for any work required to be undertaken outside the normal hours.
- Superannuation: The post will attract a maximum contribution of 9% of annual salary to an approved pension scheme or membership to the local government pension scheme.
- Language skills: Welsh Language is essential to the post.
Aim of the Post
To provide efficient management of customer data along with their associated systems.
To maintain and develop the organisation and contact related information held on the systems that underpin the working relationships between Third Sector Support Wales (TSSW) partners, including WCVA at national level and the 19 county voluntary councils (CVCs): Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System, the Volunteer Management System and InfoEngine including:
- Setup up and delete system users as required
- Provision of regular outputs for internal customers.
- Obtain sources of information to extend/update the database.
- Maintain record accuracy including coding consistency and monthly checks
- Manage data duplication and other issues with records to ensure accuracy and usefulness of the data.
- Monitor use of contact groups and liaise with owners if redundant
- Carry out data exchange with other data holders.
- Report on database quality, coverage and usage.
- Provide system training and telephone support along with maintaining user guides and production of guidance notes/FAQs as required.
- Support and liaison with TSSW users.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Provision of bespoke outputs for internal customers, including members and analysis of uptake of interactions by contact address or organisation characteristics.
- Provision of bespoke outputs for external customers.
- Provision of statistical information for internal and external partners via through the data hub.
Overall management of the WCVA membership, partner and subscriber data, including quarterly key performance indicators and membership statistics.
- Design and distribute bilingual membership surveys as required.
- Work with other parts of WCVA as required, including
- Providing Reception/ Helpdesk cover,
- Arranging and assisting at national and regional events
This is not an exhaustive list. The post holder may be asked to carry out additional duties from time to time or, as required, by the developing needs of the service or organisation.
The following are essential skills: (candidates who cannot demonstrate these skills will not be short listed)
- Experience of communicating clearly and effectively with the public and representatives of other bodies, in person, in writing, by email or by telephone in both English and Welsh.
- Experience of relational databases and maintenance of administration systems.
- Experience of conducting surveys using software products such as SurveyMonkey.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Good ICT skills, especially databases, spreadsheets, word processing and website updating.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to complement the work of colleagues.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision to tight deadlines.
The following are key skills: (these skills are needed for the role but could be acquired on the job or through training within 6 months of appointment)
- Working knowledge of current Data Protection legislation and the imminent General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector.