- Accountable to: Director of TPAS Cymru
- Location: Cardiff Office, Unite Building, 1 Cathedral Rd, Cardiff
- Contract type: Permanent 25-28 hours per week (we are flexible for the right candidate
- Salary: NJC scale 15 (£17,972 full time equivalent) pro-rata to £12,837 to £14,377 pa depending on agreed hours.
ABOUT TPAS CYMRU
TPAS Cymru has supported social housing tenants and landlords in Wales for 30 years and has a strong track record in developing effective tenant engagement through training, support, practical projects and policy development. We have an extensive knowledge of social housing with a focus on issues from the tenant perspective and for tenants’ benefit.
Locally we are developing best practice at landlord, tenant group and project level through practical advice, support, training and project work. Across Wales we improve the quality of tenant participation through disseminating and promoting good practice.
At Government level, we contribute to policy change by informing about policy developments and issues, channelling the experience and needs of tenants and landlords to policy makers, and working with partner organisations to influence positive change.
We have offices in Cardiff and Colwyn Bay and operate across Wales.
Find out more at www.tpas.cymru
Our Members (primarily Housing Associations and Local Authorities) are at the heart of everything we do and are key to our strategic vision of effective tenant and landlord collaboration in Housing. This is an exciting time for this new role to join our successful team and support the interface between TPAS and its members.
This role would suit an organised individual, who likes a varied simulating role, who likes to get involved in a variety of different disciplines. As we are a busy team, spread over 2 offices, its essential you take responsibility for your work and can perform self-sufficiently.
A typical week could involve:
- Liaising with members and internal staff via telephone, email and digital media to
- research information and resolve members queries and requests.
- Writing or designing marketing or resource material for multi-channel promotion and updating events on our website or social media.
- Supporting our Finance Officer by raising, issuing invoices and other finance task relating to members attending our events
- Organise, own and maintain a membership contact system including a wide a variety of member contacts and external stakeholders.
- Arranging member webinars to assist knowledge sharing and designation of best practice.
You need to be able to engage audiences of all ages through effective communication skills and deliver membership support that will produce growth and improved engagement within our vibrant membership community.
The post holder will report to Director but as we are currently a team of 7 we work as a close team without ridged structures and hierarchy. We want you to feel confident to make decisions in areas of your responsibility and to contribute to the direction and success of TPAS Cymru and its members.